- Age 18 and over
- Must be your own work
- Entry must not be published, self-published on any website, blog, or online forum, broadcast, or previously won on AMBR
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed
Rules of entry:
- Use the form below to enter the contest.
- Entries can be on any subject, style, or form. We do not recommend poems and stories written for children. If you find you have submitted the wrong version or have made a mistake, you can withdraw it and resubmit a corrected version with the word FINAL included in the title (this can be done 1 time).
- Entrant grants AMBR the right to publish their piece in the AMBR monthly newsletter and on ambreview.com indefinitely.
- Entrant retains all other rights and copyrights to their work and can reprint their piece at any time and in any way they see fit.
- The deadline for entries is midnight on the 15th of each month, US PST.
- 250 words maximum; no minimum; title is not included in the word count
- Must be written in English
- Submission should be pasted into the form below including all required fields
* Please use your real name in the form below. You may use a pen name in the newsletter/website if chosen
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Ending Strength (not a cliffhanger)
- Show vs Tell
- Overall Impression
- 1 point – Fragmented and hard to follow
- 2 points – Somewhat succeeds, but doesn’t flow or engage interest
- 3 points – Meets basic story structure, but could be more engaging
- 4 points – Great word choice, evokes emotion
- 5 points – Excellent across the board
- Your entry will be published in the following month’s AMBR newsletter and included in the website version of the issue.
- There is no cash prize. The prize has no monetary value.