Be a Guest Contributor
Want to be a guest contributor to AMBR? Take a look at our upcoming topics and send us your best shot.
To Submit, read over our rules and guidelines:
- Contributions must be submitted by the 15th of the month prior to publication.
- There will be no payment for using your work, only credit with a link to your social media and/or website.
- Contributors retain all rights and can republish their work elsewhere.
- Content should be PG-13 or lighter and should be free of current-day politics or religion.
- Pieces can be either fiction or writing advice/essay.
- All work should be previously unpublished and written in English.
- Length should be between 500 and 1k words.
Send submissions to email@example.com with the subject line: AMBR Submission – (Theme)
- Place work in the body of the email, no attachments will be opened.
- Standard fonts are preferred for legibility.
- Include a short bio, around 100 words.
|Theme||Suggested topics||Sub Deadline||Issue Month|
|Indulgence||Hedonism, romance, pampering, indulging the senses||January 15||FEB|
|Time||Time shift, time travel, moving beyond/forward, looking at the past, reminiscence, backstory, timelines||February 15||MARCH|
|Phoenix||Catalyst, spring into the story, call to action for the MC, rebirth, new directions, old stories to life, old tropes to life||March 15||APRIL|
|Common cause||Worker rebellions, cultural parties, character alignments, united in rebellion, social change (noncontemporary politics)||April 15||MAY|
|Beaches||Making waves, summer love and flings, walks in solitude, landscape, end of a region/start of another, dark waters/hidden dangers||May 15||JUNE|
|Heatwave||Lust, crime wave, anger, frustration, health problems, weather/visuals of weather, different cultural adaptations to weather||June 15||JULY|
|Destroyer of worlds||End of summer, natural disaster, apocalyptics, Kaiju (Pacific Rim), Oppenheimer, Aliens, 2 seconds to Midnight/Doomsday Clock||July 15||AUG|
|Back to the grind||Football (NFL/CFL) games that put more time on the clock, writing schedules, work ethic/ writing ethic||August 15||SEPT|
|Paranormal||Ghosts, goblins, romance, the beyond and the other, the possible but not proven, speculative||September 15||OCT|
|Friendship||Unrequited love, platonic friendships are as deep as romance without being romantic, connections, bro-mances||October 15||NOV|
|Frozen||Writers’ block, left in the cold, the turkey that gave you salmonella, nuclear winter, white-out, frozen hearts||November 15||DEC|
|False Promises||Broken promises, fool’s gold, self-confidence, antidote, making decisions, empowerment, self-lying, misdirection||December 15||JAN|